At the recommendation of the German Government and for the health and
safety of our customers and staff, we have decided to temporarily close our
offices as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
We are in the office during regular work hours, but ask for your understanding in not seeing any walk-in customers; however, we will still be able to process all policies via email or via phone.
We would like to help you and all people stay healthy.
For this reason we would like to list the most important measures with
which you can avoid the spreading the COVID-19 virus.
- Respect the contact ban for meetings with more than two people.
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 to 2 m to other people.
According to the motto #WirBleibenZuhause / #StayHome you can help stop the virus.
Should you have questions concerning your insurance or need a quote, we are
happy to assist you via phone or email.
With icy roads and road conditions worsening, we put together a few tips for you to follow:
1. Winter Tires are a must on snow, icy or wet road conditions. Make sure you have enough air pressure in the tires. Underinflated tires offer less traction, can reduce fuel mileage, can wear out the tire prematurely and cause irreparable damage that compromises your safety on the road.
2. Use a quarter to measure tread depth in your tires. Tires with more tread depth offer additional traction to keep a grip on the road. This helps for driving through sleet, slush, and snow, reduce hydroplaning and helps prevent accidents.
3. Keep your distance from other vehicles.Following the 2 seconds rule is often recommended while driving. If you’re driving 2 seconds behind a vehicle driving at 30 mph, and four seconds at 60 mph, those times should be doubled in wet conditions and tripled for snow.
4. Drive smoothly and brake as gentle as if you had hot coffee in your hand. Slamming on your breaks can make your car skid and lose control.
5. Your car must be completely clear of snow. Being a “peephole” driver is a big cause of accidents in dangerous conditions. Clear off snow from windows, mirrors, and roof before you drive off.
What could be lovelier than enjoying a nice dinner with your special someone.
Until Valentine’s Day, February 14th, 2020 we at MIRASCON are offering you the chance to win a nice dinner for two in a restaurant of your choice in Germany, valued at 250 EUR.
To participate in the raffle visit our social media platforms on Instagram and Facebook and check out the giveaway post to see what you need to do to save your chance to win. Hurry up and take your chance. The winner will be drawn on February 14th, 2020.
Here you can see the terms and conditions of the raffle:
TERMS & CONDITIONS.
The MIRASCON family celebrated the most wonderful time of the year with music, laughter and lots of good cheer.
We wish you HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Finally! Last weekend our grand prize winners of the 4th of July „Spin
to Win“ prize wheel game in Ramstein travelled to Munich for the famous
Oktoberfest. Katerina and her companion had lots of fun and made
memories that will last a lifetime.
We are happy to announce this year’s winner of the Fourth of July “SPIN TO WIN!” game at Ramstein Freedom Fest: Katerina! She was the lucky winner of this year’s grand prize –
an all-inclusive trip for two to the infamous Oktoberfest. Congratulations, Katerina!
We wish a terrific weekend in Munich full of festivities!
Many childhood accidents at home are preventable. About half of all injuries requiring treatment are caused by a home accident, and among the 1 to 2 year olds, about 85 percent.
Trying to look at your house from a child’s perspective is the most important step in ensuring more safety – and yes, that includes squatting down to literally see things from their perspective. You will be able to see potential hazards and talk about those with your children and improve their awareness.
Some common but very helpful tips include:
– Assemble the furniture so that it can’t tip over
– Upholster edges of furniture
– Avoid tripping hazards
– Make sure drawers can’t slip out
– Put child safety items on sockets and power lines
– Children like to climb out of the window, so the bars should be barred – preferably with lockable handles
– Border a balcony, make sure that no climbing aids like large flowerpots are standing close to the edge
– Slumber lights are helpful for children to find their way around in the dark
– If you have a pond, it should definitely be fenced
– Never leave a child alone in the bathroom – infants can drown even in low water in the bathtub
– Use anti-slip mats to avoid slips in the bathroom
– After the use of electrical appliances in the bathroom, immediately put them out of your child’s reach
It is also important to teach children the correct behavior in dangerous situations. In case of fire this means: get out of the room quickly, alert adults, call the fire department, leave the apartment. Attach the emergency phone number like 112 in Germany somewhere big and visible close to the phone.
Check our services: Renters Insurance
Your home is a place of refuge, a place that makes you feel safe and at ease. To protect this feeling, your house and everything that is inside, we made a list of a few simple tips and tricks to immediately increase your safety.
1. Know your neighbours
Take the time to meet and engage with people living in your street and encourage them to watch out for and report any suspicious activity around your house. Offer to do the same thing for them.
2. Hiding keys
Avoid leaving spare keys outside under a flowerpot or under a welcome mat as thieves know most of the potential hiding places.
3. The right lighting
Lighting can create the right ambiance inside your home, but exterior lighting can make the difference whether your home is being targeted by thieves. Motion-sensitive fixtures can help add security and provide light when needed. Also consider using automatic timers which can be remote-controlled to turn lights on and off in various parts of the house to help make it seem like you are home when in fact you’re not.
If you are looking for an affordable renters insurance click here.
MIRASCON (www.mirascon.com) is an Insurance Agency with customers in many countries. So of course the use and development of modern and high-performance IT systems are of vital importance.
Therefore, at the end of last year, MIRASCON announced a scholarship through the web-platform “IT-Talents”. We appealed to talented and interesting young people to participate in the selection process for obtaining the scholarship, as well as to discuss possibilities of future cooperation.
After a preselection process we invited 4 talents to visit MIRASCON in Cologne on February 11th to get to know each other. The results and contributions of all present IT talents were so successful that we are pleased to continue intensive contact and active cooperation with all of the participants.
They were all great, but in the end we had to decide on one winner. Congratulations to Sabrina M. for your 1 year scholarship!
We would like to thank the team of “IT-Talents” for the creation of a wonderful platform, which gave us the possibility to get in contact with those gifted and interesting young talents!
Most of us would probably rather be thinking worrying about their next trip to the beach than driving in rainy, foggy weather. While we totally get that, we still want to give you some tips for driving under those conditions – so you have more time to plan your next summer.
– Use your regular headlights or fog lights, not the high beams. High beams will actually worsen your visibility when it’s foggy out. Only use your fog lights in extremely foggy areas, the rule of thumb is use the fog lights only if you cannot see two or more reflecting road markers.
– Slow down. Keep an eye on your speedometer to regulate your speed, as the fog can impair your perception of speed. You also won’t be able to stop as quickly when the roads are wet, so adjust your distance to other drivers accordingly.
– There’s a natural tendency to wander into the middle of the road when visibility gets bad, so use the white line on the right side of the road as your guide.
– Use your headlights when driving in bad weather during the day. It not only helps you see other drivers, but also helps them see you.
For affordable car insurance, visit www.mirascon.com